Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Granddad!

Yesterday was my granddad Farnsworth's birthday.
Here are some interesting facts about him.

1) He is both a Mexican and U.S. citizen.
2) He use to own grape vineyards down in Hermosillo, Mexico.
3) He likes to tease my grandma because she makes him watch what he eats.
4) He loves rootbeer.
5) He likes, and owns Native American art.
6) He has owned a grocery store, cheese store, Dairy Queen, a shopping plaza, and a couple of jewelry stores.
7) He and my grandmother have 13 children, 13 children-law, over 75 grandchildren, and just under two dozen great-grandchildren.
8) He has his pilot's license, and use to own a private airplane so he could fly back and forth from Arizona and Utah.
9) He has been in the AZ temple presidency, served as temple president in Hermosillo, Mexico, and has served as mission president in Ecuador.
10) He was really good at basketball when he was in High School and College.
11) He also goes by "Big Al".

Happy Birthday granddad! I love you tons.

3 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Sounds like a great guy! Oh, and btw Holly I love your blog "soundtrack" I sometimes open up another tab and have your music in the background while I do other stuff. We must be from the same generation. :)

Chelsea said...

Happy birthday to Big Al!
I cannot believe how many cousins you have. Arizona is related to you! :) What fun reunions!

The Burnhams said...

Holly I found you!! It's your old junior miss roomie, Karlie!! I have been wondering what you've been up to... now I know... graduated, traveling the world and married to a lawyer!! Me too! I knew we'd both end up with attorneys:) Is his first job in New York? How exciting for you both. Come check out my blog and then we can keep in touch! It's www.karlieandbryceburnham.blogspot.com . I just had a baby boy a few weeks ago and life is crazy! Hope to hear from you soon!