

Last night, October 31st, 2007, Brent and I went with Jason, and Sheena Larkin to the
New York City Halloween parade downtown NYC.

We walked up to 8th street and 6th Ave to check out the parade of ghouls, but it was so crowded that for long moments we couldn't move even a centimeter. I t was unbelievable that so many people could be smashed into one little area. Eventually, we were able to get out of the mob and we walked uptown to 12th street and 6th Ave where we were eventually able to squeeze ourselves to the front of the crowd.

The weather was glorious! It was cool enough for a light coat, and there was a nice, cool breeze blowing. It was the perfect autumn night to stand in a mob for glances of crazy people in creative costumes.
The costumes were absolutely amazing! We got to the parade around 8:30 PM and viewed
beautiful,
terrifying,
curious, and
repulsive symbols of
Halloween row after row until around 10:30 PM. The parade was still going pretty strong when we left.
I guess New York City loves Halloween.


We saw
Count Dracula,
Hello Kitty and her date,
skyscrapers,
characters from the movie 300,
Mr. and Mrs. Pacman,
Rainbow Brite, a
Carebear, the
Silver Surfer from
Fantastic 4,
The Smurfs, a
centaur,
Wolfman, and several other
FANTASTIC costumes.
I had so much fun seeing all the costumes. Here are a few more.
A woman is a prize in the game, The Claw!
Who hasn't wanted to play this game?
"
Whooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea?"
(This one's for you Terin)
Everyone's got a little fairy in 'em...
"Nachoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

"
I'm Popeye the sailorman, Toot Toot!"
Halloween is SO MUCH FUN in NYC!
3 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun but sounds crazy! Glad you survived. Do you ever worry about getting anonymously groped in those situations? I've never been to NYC but I imagine that in those really crowed public situations (parades, partes, subways, etc.) that there's a lot of potential for unsolicited um, feely-meelying. Anyway, sorry for the explicit question. You and Brent make good WT but I think you should stick with the classy look. :)
What a party! I know where I need to venture to next year! I love your stories Holly!!
What a crazy time in NYC! You look like you guys are having a blast! And those costumes. I love the woman in the Claw Game. We had a girl dressed up as a washing machine at our ward party, and I was SOOO impressed with the details... Anyway, Happy Birthday to you as well. :) I have the worst memory in the world, but after you said Happy Birthday to me, I remembered that we have the same b-day. :) Have a great one!
Post a Comment