When I got home from work Brent wasn't home from school yet, and although I was tempted, I obeyed his commands and did not look in the freezer. Once Brent got home, he asked me to make a salad while he prepared the rest of dinner. When it was time for him to get the freezer surprise out, he told me to go into the other room (meaning the other side of the wall... since our apartment is all one room) because he had anesthetized the creatures he was going to cook and he knew I wouldn't want to eat them if I saw them being cooked ALIVE. I knew at that point that Brent had finally given in to a local lobster shop and purchased our very own FRESH LOBSTER for Valentine's Day dinner.
Dinner was romantic and delicious! Brent had covered the kitchen with tea light candles. So, we ate our tasty lobster, wild rice, and salad by candlelight while Desiree', Dean Martin, and Mariah Carey crooned in the background. After dinner, we danced to Ava Cassidy. It was a memorable Valentine's Day.
I hope your day was filled WITH LOVE.
15 comments:
Nice Work Brent!
Ahhh, good job Brent! How sad for the lobster...but it sounds like it was for a good cause. :)
Brownie points scored for Brent!! Your dinner looks so Good!!
I love seeing how everyone celebrates this day. Its wonderful to have a day dedicated to love surprises. THanks brent for taking good care of Holly!
wow, that is so romantic! how sweet! even though i don't like lobster i think it is awesome brent did that!
Nice work, Brent. You think you could give Jason a call with a few pointers? Holly, you are one lucky gal!
This was a good story. I really want to see Brent cook a live lobster. Oh the joy he must have gotten from that. I miss Brent. He is so funny and apparently very romantic.
Oh and I have always wanted to try lobster. Is it similar to crab?
You two are the greatest. I don't think that Cam and I would ever cook live lobster in our house. But of course we are not seafood lovers as yourselves.
Very sweet! I'm glad you guys had a fun Valentine's Day!
How romantic....Glad you guys are having a great experience in NYC! We miss you!
That is so sweet! That dinner looked delicious :)
How flipping fun! I love Dean Martin too, he is the best. That was so thoughtful of your husband to do all that. It all sounded so fun.
What a fun Valentines Day!! Your meal looks so yummy.
Hi Holly, I just found your blog! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Lobster is my favorite. I hope you don't mind I'm linking you onto my blog now:)
Post a Comment