A few Saturdays ago, we began our morning as usual. We got dressed. Then headed to Bagel Bob's on University Place and 11th street picked up a bagel (Brent usually got a plain bagel with plain cream cheese, and I got a pumpernickel bagel with vegetable cream cheese) . We ate our breakfast as we walked the rest of the way to the church (located on 15th street, between 6th and 7th avenues). As we walked on the south side of 13th street, having just passed 5th avenue, my head was down to take another bite of my bagel. As I looked up, I stopped short. I gasped loudly, and without thought, I literally ran across to the north side of 13th street in two seconds flat.
I am afraid to describe to you what I saw.
When I looked up from taking a bite of my bagel, in my direct line of sight I viewed a homeless man sitting upon a make shift crate. He was bare bummed, and in the act of wiping. Apparently, he had absolutely no qualms about defecating in front of strangers. At least he wiped.
Needless to say, we stopped walking down 13th street to get to the church.
11 comments:
thats pretty hot...not gonna lie...at least he did wipe.
Hahaha! Did you throw up your breakfast after that?
Very fitting post for the week you move away from NYC! :) That is so bad...definitely something I hope to never see.
That is gross! Wouldn't suprise me though. If it was me, I might never eat a bagel again. Sounds like you two have had a great time in NYC, despite the crazies.
Wow, that will wake you up in the morning sure enough...however unwanted.
Glad you guys will be closer soon!
Oh New York. Where else can you see a bum wiping his "bum?" Awesome.
THat is so gross! I ran into your mom the other day, don't you have better things to blog about?!?!
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...
Nice! I too will give him credit for wiping, but with what????? I'm nervous to find out!!
Ahhhh.....New York. No wonder the elevators smell. Holly Hancey had a similar experience. Nearly ran into the bear bum in front of her. Must happen more frequently than we would like to think.
Okay, so have you left yet and gone back to Iowa? How do things look there? Was all your stuff okay? Let me know!
Post a Comment