Saturday, September 1, 2007

Dinner and a "Show"

Tonight Brent and I went with some new friends, Jason and Sheena, to a delicious Burger joint called "The Shake Shack." It's located in Madison Square Park and is so popular that we stood in line for 40 minutes just to order our food. The food was well worth the wait. Brent and I had a burger and fries and shared a mango custard. Yummy!

Brent interrupted our feast by pointing to a nearby building while asking, "Is that guy taking a shower?" The rest of us immediately turned our heads and sure enough about 10 stories up in a nearby building was the silhouette of nude man taking a shower. For, you see, his shower occupied the window space right off the park. Everyone could see, in somewhat graphic detail, the man washing his entire body! If the glass hadn't been a little foggy we may have tasted our food for a second time. We all watched in disbelief as he cleansed and then dried himself. The whole time we stared at the silhouette in the window while trying to convince ourselves that we couldn't be seeing a naked man taking a shower.

Yet, indeed, tonight we had dinner and a "show."

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Holly I think you may have conquered your quest of finding your naked cowboy! That is too funny!!!!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!! Man you two are definately on an adventure. When we come visit we will have to eat at that place. Marc loves a good burger.

The Tate's said...

I just hope he had soap on a rope to at least up hold a little dignity. I am kind of jealous you have only been there a short time and have encountered a lot more interesting moments than I have in a year in Texas.

Anonymous said...

Holly! I found you from Chelsea! So, NY?! That is really cool. Your story reminds me of the Friends episode of "Ugly Naked Guy"...hilarious. I am putting you on my blog! ;) It seems life is really good for you right now! Miss you!

Julie said...

So funny! I'm sorry that your first "show" in NYC had to be so...well, there are no words.

Stephanie said...

You are SO making me want to move to NY! Way to sell it! We miss you guys.

Jen said...

I love the shake shack! I would always justify it by saying that I worked it all off on the walk to and from. Hope you are loving the big apple!