Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yesterday, November 4th, 2007, I turned the big 2-7.
This weekend Brent took me shopping. We went to Ann Taylor, and Banana Republic, some of my favorite stores. We also went to Baluchi's, a great Indian restaurant, for lunch. I had Aloo Dum, a potato dish, and Brent had a lamb dish. It was so delicious! I highly
recommend going there if you're ever in NYC.

Brent also purchased a New York cheesecake for me at my favorite pastry shop, Rocco's. We ate the cake on Sunday. It was glorious! Thick, creamy, and purely heaven. I couldn't have asked for a tastier treat.

We also went uptown to Times Square to see The Lion King. It was my first show on broadway, and I was very pleased. The puppetry was phenomenal. Some of the animals looked so real. I loved watching the giraffes, gazelles, elephants, hyenas, and leopard. The actors and actresses were so talented. The actor who played Mufasa had an exquisite bass voice. It was so clear and pure. The actress who played Rafiki had a strong, powerful voice. I enjoyed listening to her sing "He Lives in You". It was one of my favorite scenes. The use of puppets, and lighting were beautifully orchestrated beyond imagination. Everything was so perfect! I am so glad Brent took me to see the play.

It was a perfect birthday celebration.

21 comments:

Veronica Reeve said...

Happy Birthday Holly! How fun to be in New York for your birthday....eating cheesecake. Yummy! I love Ann Taylor too! They don't have one around here...sad. We are going to HAVE to come and visit you guys. Then you can take us to Roccos. Hope you had a great birthday!

Chelsea said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am a bit jealous of your cheesecake. It looks heavenly. You look so darn cute! Glad you had a good day! :)

The Tate's said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like such a fun birthday! The food sounds delicious and the cake looks so yummy. Glad you had such a great day!!!

Kami said...

Happy birthday!!c

Rich Angie said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to 27, it's a great year ;)

I'm SO jealous you got to go to Rocco's, I love him! AND that you went to a Broadway musical...I still have not been.

Chelsea said...

Are you kidding me saying your shallow?! You are amazing. I am just a blabber mouth! Chatty Chelsea :)

Heidi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. I am glad you had a good day. I LOVE YOU!!! I can't wait to come see a broadway play with ya*Ü*

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like the perfect birthday celebration to me!!

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday! What a great day!! It sounds like you had fun =0)

Jera Farnsworth said...

Happy Birthday Holly! It sounds perfect (which is the best kind of birthday!) Way to go Brent for making it so awesome! miss you!

Street Fam said...

Happy Birthday Hollister!! You look gorgeous by the way. I'm jealous you got to see Lion King. I collected Lion King cards when I was 12 years old b/c I was a bit obsessed.

Julie said...

Wow, I hope I look that good when I turn 27...

SarahandJD said...

Happy Birthday Holly!! I love the great time you are having in NYC. I'm jealous. The Lion King is awesome. I saw it a few years ago. Rocco's pastry shop it sounds delicious, it must be in the name. Congrats Brent on passing the Texas bar. We miss you guys- sparks

Smelsha said...

Happy Birthday!

Layton Clan said...

Happy Birthday Girl! Glad you are enjoying NYC so much.

Love you much,

Jen

Jen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I just checked your bloggeroo for the first time in a while. We miss you guys. Hope your day was wonderful, which it sure looks like it was with that cheesecake!

The Richins Family said...

Happy Birthday Holly! What a Great birthday you had!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe I ran across your blog. You'll have to drop by mine. -Katie
http://benkatierogers.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your bday is easy to remember because it is the same as Jared's and Josh Barney's!! All you Valentine baby's!! Happy Birthday. We saw Lion King when we lived in Cali and i will admitt it is one of my all time favorites. Hope everything is going well. You look gorgeous!!

Stephanie said...

Happy late birthday. I haven't been blogging in a while, so I'm just getting caught up. Looks like you guys are having a blast in NYC - so jealous. Oh, and I've been to Rocco's - and it's the bomb. Try the cannolis :)