On January 4th, Brent and I went to Madison Square Gardens and watched the
PBR Bull Riding Invitational from KPMG's suite.
It was SO MUCH FUN! The event started with a me
mber of the Metropolitan Opera singing the National Anthem. His voice was so low! The presentation of the flag was beautiful. Any boy scout would be proud. Right after the Anthem was sung, a prayer was said for the riders. I was really impressed with the prayer. I didn't realize prayers were said at bull riding events but it made a lot of sense to have one.
Immediately after the song and prayer, the emcee talked up New York City (New Yorkers always appreciate an ego boost!). After his pump up spiel there was a large explosion of fire with the remnants of the explosion spelling the letters N Y C! It was freaking awesome.
There were several riders from all over the world that participated in the event, including riders from Australia, Brazil, and Texas (Yes, I know that Texas isn't a country... although I am sure Texans think s0). It was incredible to watch the riders attempt to hold on for
8 seconds as the large, beastly bulls kicked and turned ferociously. It was quite impressive.
One of my favorite parts (I am sad I couldn't get a good picture of him) was the rodeo clown.

He was a riot! He could dance like it was nobody's business and at one time he was impersonating Michael Jackson.
(MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU!)
The clown also had a lot of fun teasing a guy in the audience who was wearing an oversized, bright orange, ten gallon hat. It was the brunt of several jokes.
I can't wait to attend more events like this when we get to Houston. I am sure we will have lots of opportunities while we are there!
11 comments:
How fun!! I don't think I have ever really seen anything like that and we live in AZ. The only thing I can remember is at Lehi Days. Is that what it was called?
How fun!! The big rodeo will be here soon. I don't know how long it lasts. Next year for sure we will all have to go. I love the whole experience of events like this. So awesome. And yes...SOME may feel Texas is it's own country. Did you know they have their own pledge they say?! I heard it the first time the other day. Were fixin to have you here so soon y'all!! :)
Ha! Heidi's Lehi Days comment made me laugh! My family is from Lehi (they put on one good Rodeo!!) :)
Bull riding is my favorite events to watch. . . maybe because it's so dangerous, but really I think it's because of the clowns. They are CRAZY!
Hey question for you. I saw that your favorite place Rocco's does online. My sister was having a rough day and wanted to order some stuff for her. What do you suggest. . . fyi she LOVES CHOCOLATE!
Bout time you posted! :) Sound like fun! Thanks for letting me live out my dreams through the Gardner family.
Only in NYC would a rodeo clown impersonate Michael Jackson! I LOVE that your first rodeo was in NYC, just months before moving to Houston. Very funny!
Goodness, how fun! I was watching a rodeo on tv just last week, I wonder if it was a recording of that rodeo. I love that they prayed for the riders, these brave guys need it. I'm w/ you on MIchael, he is still the king.
So fun! Every time I see bull riding on TV (which is practically every weekend here) I cant stop watching. I am in awe of the bulls and the bull riders. What a dangerous event...the prayers are definitley needed.
I just wish I had an oversized, bright orange, ten gallon hat.
Hey Holly! Did you ever get my email? Did you guys go to Boston yet?? You'll have to let me know how it goes!!
HOLLY FARNSWORTH!! Holy cow how are you. It's been since high school! How are you doing? It's Nina Reyes, I don't know if you remember me.
Post a Comment