
Much to everyone's disappointment,
Brent and I did NOT go to Times Square for New Year's Eve. There was NO WAY I was about to stand in the middle of a huge mass of people just so I could stare at other people's torsos. Plus, we had some friends who went running that morning and noticed when they passed Times Square that there were tons of people already waiting at 10am! It can't be worth it, especially if you are the only two people there who are sober.

We went to a party down in the financial district instead.
It was a lot of fun. There was great food, the Times Square party was playing on the television, and we played hilarious versions of PICTIONARY (e.g. one round we had to draw verbs... one verb used was arbitrage). Just before midnight, we donned our party hats, and neckware, and held our champagne glasses full of peach flavored sparkling cider.

After the New Year bell rang, and we kissed our respective spouses, about 15 minutes were spent by various party goers finding new tones and pitches with their party whistles. It was so fun! I think we found tones that were previously undescovered by man.

When Brent and I got home, we were restless and so we watched a movie. It was a good thing we didn't have any commitments on New Year's Day because we awoke to an aging morning.
We celebrated New Year's Day by going to breakfast (around noon) at The Pink Teacup. We feasted on soul food items such as eggs, thick bacon, biscuts, grits, pancakes, and fried chicken. (Don't say gross until you've tried it!)

The rest of the day we walked around the city while we shopped and window shopped.
It was a relaxing way to start the New Year.
11 comments:
Hey stranger! I didn't know you were in New York. OK so i'm a little behind on the blogging world. I don't blame you for not going to times square on New Year's Eve. We were there at Thanksgiving and it was crazy, I can only imagine New Year's Eve. Good call!
sounds fun. I wish I could get the pictures to go a little bigger, you guys were having way too much fun. I know where im going to find a good time on new year's!
hope you can view the blog now.I added you:)
Yeah! I'm so glad you left me a comment. I have been keeping up with you guys on your blog for a while. I'm a stalker I know. :) Are you in Texas yet?
Holly-It's about time you posted. It looks like you had a fun New YEars in the big apple. JD will be so impressed with your greasy breakfast food. You know us always up for a greasy gut buster meal. Hope all is well!-
Oh,very disappointing about New Years. Just kidding, looks like you had a lot of fun anyways. You need to keep up on the posts! Life in New York should have plenty to post about! :)
It sounds like you had a great New Years! I am especially jealous of the late night movie watching, sleeping in and shopping in NY! What a fun time!
Holly, it was so fun to read your blog! You guys look like you're exploring alot! How fun! I'm excited to know you have a blog and can check up on it! Heather
How fun! A lot more exciting than our New Years. I actually fell asleep around 9pm. Glad you guys had fun!!
What a fun new years! I was wondering what you guys did! And I won't knock it...but chicken and pancakes??????
Anthony will be jealous of your New Year's Day breakfast. One of these days we'll make sure we're in Houston for New Year's and have some fun together!
I just found this blog - how fun! I'm excited to keep tabs on you guys now. ;)
Post a Comment