Brent, my mother and I took Clark to the doctor today because Brent and I were afraid Clark was having trouble breathing. He has been choking or gagging in his sleep and last night he really scared me when I woke up to the sound of him gagging. I jumped out of bed faster than I thought possible, pulled him from his crib and realized that his lips were purple. Clark began breathing almost instantly and he recovered fine, but I was filled with worry.
Doctor Smith listened to our concerns with great sympathy and thoroughly checked over our son. Much to our great relief, she gave Clark an excellent bill of health and stated, "he's a lively, and opinionated boy." To which my mother responded, "sounds like his parents!"
11 comments:
Hope you don't feel bad, I still do that with Suzy, and she's our third! Glad he's okay. Maybe he was choking on reguritation? You should read about acid reflux and babies, I hear it's very common...
Meanwhile, Suzy is cooing and smiling in her sleep...sigh. :)
These are some awesome photos by the way!
I love all of your posts! He is sooo cute! First time parent syndrome happens again and again and again. By the time your second one comes pretty much everything is old news.
I do find it amazing how quickly you can move toward your little one even when you think you can't. I wish I could be there to come see you and the baby. He is so precious! Love you girlie!
Congrats on the new beautiful baby boy! We are so happy and excited for you! We're blogging too
iowawhitneys.blogspot.com
Where are you guys now?
Congratulations Holly and Brent!!!! I've been meaning to call ever since I got your email, but as you know it's been a little crazy since we learned about Bree. But I believe in my heart of hearts she'll be ok. Faith works miracles.
Your little bundle of joy is adorable!!!! I wish I could be there. I miss you terribly. Sooo very happy for you!!! Keep the posts coming and I'll call you as soon as things settle down a bit. LOVE YOU TO PIECES!!!!
What a handsome little guy you have! What rock have I been living under - I didn't even know you were expecting! I am glad all went well. He looks perfect!
Congratulations!
What a scare! I remember one time when Sheldon had a cough at like 4 weeks old, he woke up gasping for air one night and I was in his room holding him before I was even awake! Thank goodness for those mortherly instincts. ;)
Anyway, I was just wanting to say Congratulations!! We're so excited for you - and Clark is absolutely beautiful, by the way!
Oh Holly,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is absolutely PERFECT!!! I am sure you are the perfectest little mommy!! I am soooooooo happy for you!!!! Best of luck!!
First of all CONGRATS!!! He is a very handsome little boy! The same thing happened to Dylan in the hospital. They said he still had some fluid and gunk in him from labor. All is well now, but it is scary! All the worry can almost drive you crazy! But its so fun being a mom!
That is scary! I'm glad the doctor found that everything was okay. He is such a handsome boy, Holly. I am just thrilled for you and Brent!
First of all, congrats!! We are thrilled for you guys!! He is a cutie and we hope you guys are doing well with all the newborn goings-on, especially Holly. The lack of sleep, sore nips, the hormones. Newborn-hood isn't all that great, but just remember you're completely to be in zombie mode for the first 8 weeks or so. After that things got soooo much better for me. Good luck. Congrats!!
Post a Comment